About Us

Karnataka Cashew Development Corporation Ltd. was incorporated and registered on 14th February 1978 under the Companies Act, 1956 with the object of managing the cashew plantations transferred to the Company by the Karnataka Forest Department and to increase the areas of cashew cultivation in the State. The registered office is located at Abbakkanagar, 1st Main, Kottara, Mangalore-575 006. Phone No. 0824 2457227, Fax no. 0824 2457724.

The authorized share capital of KCDC is Rs.10 Crores and the subscribed share capital is Rs.759.03 lakhs, of which Rs.44 lakhs is held by Government of India in the form of 4400 equity shares of Rs.1,000/- each and the remaining Rs.715.03 lakhs is held by Government of Karnataka in the form of 41503 equity shares of Rs.1,000/- each. The Corporation is under the control of the Forest Department of Government of Karnataka and its corporate headquarters is in Mangaluru. The Government of Karnataka has transferred 25632.62 ha. of land of which 12724.43 ha. of land is held as equity and 12908.19 ha. of land is held on lease. These plantations are under the control of Divisional Managers stationed at Kumta, Kundapur, Puttur and Moodabidri under the overall direction and administration of the Managing Director at head office in Mangaluru.